Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Some More Research for the Book...

So, I have an update for my book that I am writing. I recently went to the library to check out some books to help me find some background information on the story.

I want to approach the paranormal from both a supernatural and "scientific" angle. One of the books I checked out, "Ghost Hunters" by Deobrah Blum, goes into the history of William James (author Henry James' brother) and early attempts of finding scientific proof and reasoning of life after death.

I'm also researching some of Savannah's documented ghost stories. Although I am planning the main "haunting" of the book to be fictional, I want some excerpts of real Savannah ghost stories to give the book more of a historical and realistic feel.

In planning some of the early chapters of the book, I am having the main characters go on a ghost walk (something I did while in Savannah). This, I feel, will help to introduce the reader to the culture of Savannah and its hauntings.



Check back soon for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment