Friday, July 9, 2010

On Planning a Book...

... So, in order to successfully write a (hopefully) decent book, it is going to be vital for me to plan out the plot. I believe I have a fair idea of how I am going to do that.


I have a basic idea of what I want the story to be about and how the plot should develop. My plan now is to map out each chapter one at a time. First, I will write out the basic plot of each chapter and then go through them again to make sure that the key points and connections between each chapter are there.


The detali work I think I am going to leave until I actually start writing. For me to be successful, I need a basic structure of the story but will need to be free to come up with the details. Having to plan details of a story seems to restricting.


I probably won't reveal too much of the plot until I work out more of the story after planning. Wish me luck!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.4

2 comments:

  1. Im so pumped! Ill be first in line at your book signing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm flattered! I'll definitely have to name a character after you!

    ReplyDelete